Monday, September 12, 2016

My Parenting Memoir, Please don't lick ______________. (Alternately Titled: I Might Regret Posting This Later)

I heard something said yesterday at church.  In context, the person was speaking about now that you know Jesus, "how then will you live?"  I liked that.  It was good.  Contemplative even.  But then I got to thinking...in the context of child rearing, how then will you live?  

So, in the context of child rearing, I've compiled a short list of possible book titles, but I first begin with my parenting memoir, Please don't lick ______________.

List of Potential (and highly likely) Fill-In-the-Blank Options: Please don't lick...
your sibling;
the bottom of the sneaker you wore through the zoo;
your own chin, hand, arm, foot, shoulder, etc;
the handrail in the public restroom;
our dog;
my jeans;
that dead bug you found in the garage;
the trash can;
our church hymnal;
the mini-blinds;
your gymnastics coach or speech therapist;
the neighbor’s car, tree, bird bath, or driveway;
Izzy...



Other Possible Book Titles Include:

Flintstones Vitamins Are A Food Group, Right?

When Hand Sanitizer Fails You

I’m Pretty Sure This is Just My Face Now

Minivan Swag: Let Me Show You My Cup Holders

Mom of the Year: How I Avoided Making Meals by Letting My Kids Eat A Whole Bunch of Cold Cereal

I Just Cleaned That…and that, and that, and that…

Imma’Need a Nap After This

Sneaking Chocolate on the Down-Low and Other Advanced Parenting Skills

So. Much. Love.  These Kids Have My Heart (them and the aforementioned chocolate, anyway…)



From the Fullness of His Grace,

Lacey

No comments :

Post a Comment