Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With Strings [Alternately Titled: Christmas chaos is sorta eating my lunch...]

Hello!

Despite my recent and profound absence from the interwebs, I am pleased to announce we are  still alive!  Things are a bit crazy around here but I’m beginning to think this is the permanent state of our lives. With today (December 21st) being the shortest day of the year and a mere four-ish (really more like three-ish) days till Christmas, I feel like there are a million loose ends to tie up.  Every time I knock something off my to-do list – some by completion and others by abandonment – it feels like I add two more things. 

Christmas chaos is sorta eating my lunch, so to speak.  And, for the record, I’m not entirely sure how we even ended up in December anyway.  Doesn’t it just feel like we just celebrated the 4th of July????  Anyway, my to-do list is chock full of things such as buy more tape and at least try to hide the presents.  Maybe you’re here too?  [Insert some really hopeful, light at the end of the tunnel, beautiful sentiment, profound insight here…]  Yeah, I got nothing.  Well, not nothing, but I’ve certainly got no novel or super-duper reflective words for you –and if you’re uncertain, my use of “super-duper” should clear that up for you...I’ve not got much. 

But.

I do have something kinda humorous.  And, if you’re like me, scrambling to find those last minute gifts for the random, yet important folks in your life, then this post’s for you.  We don’t have too many odd-ball-out gifts we have to buy; just a handful.  But I wanted whatever we got to have a personal touch without being overly intricate.  So, my solution?

Sonic Gift Cards

Packaged with a witty saying that I can’t take any credit for (thanks Pinterest!) – although, in terms of intellectual property, what I found on Pinterest was a parent giving actual bottles of wine, so, there’s the added bonus of increased ingenuity on my part – Sonic, you can thank me later. 




Finally, there was a touch of personal investment.  I mean, I used scissors and got a bit crafty – I feel like that should count for something!


These are just for Sawyer’s gymnastics coaches.  It’s nothing extravagant (clearly…because extravagant gifts aren’t often served with tots or fries) but it is something simple to let them know we appreciate them.  You all probably have way more crafty, thoughtful, and sweet gift ideas.  This is just a fun one that you can put together easily. 


In all seriousness, I do sincerely hope your Christmas is sweetly blessed by the remembrance of Christ’s birth, the reason that He came, and the sacrifice of what this season cost.  


From the Fullness of His Grace,
Lacey

No comments :

Post a Comment