Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Dinner Tonight?

If you’re like me, the day after Labor Day feels like the Mondayest Tuesday ever…so if you’re looking for a simple meal for your crew, I’ve got one for you that won’t totally turn your kitchen into a disaster.  

Also, this is an awesome go-to when you take meals to families after babies are born or when someone’s been sick.  Take it to them in a foil pan and then they don’t have dishes to wash and you’re not waiting for them to return your pan.   It’s definitely one to keep close at hand! 

{Recipe Credit & Other Info: My friend Carla introduced me to this one.  I think it’s online someplace but I had typed and printed it out for when I make it.  I’ve used chicken tenderloins before instead of the whole breasts too, which I think just makes it easier for little ones to cut through using only their fork.  My kids love this, as does my husband.  The chicken comes out super tender and because you’ve got all your sides baking along with it, it saves you from extra kitchen clean-up!}


What You Need:
4 Chicken Breasts (or package of chicken tenderloins)
Approximately 1lb to 1.5lbs cubed red potatoes
Fresh or Frozen Green Beans (14 oz)
1 Package Italian Dressing Dry Seasoning
1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter, cubed





How To Make:
Using a 9x13 baking dish, place chicken in the center of the pan.  Put diced potatoes on one side of the chicken and green beans on the other side of the chicken.  Season with salt and pepper (optional).  Sprinkle Italian dry mix seasoning over everything.  Place cubes of butter on chicken, potatoes, and green beans.  Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour.


Hope you enjoy this!  

From the Fullness of His Grace,
Lacey

No comments :

Post a Comment