Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Obligatory “Welcome” Post (Alternately Titled: Hello! I’m new here!)

Greetings!  I have literally just created this blog, picked the template, and set the settings...to tell you the truth, I have not a clue as to whether I did any of this correctly and, if I didn’t, there’s a good chance I’ll never know.  The initial set-up is something more like baptism by fire.  I guess they want to make sure I’m committed to this thing called blogging before they just let me jump in.

Anyway.  I’m new to the blogosphere.  (Maybe it’s this post or maybe it’s the overwhelming amount of choices I just made about the font size, but I have that “Hello!  I’m new here” trademark feeling.)  I am hoping this is an opportunity to stay connected and share our exciting life {read: fairly boring}. In fairness, though, I’m also hoping this becomes a place that chronicles our journey.
 
To bring you up to speed, I have been richly blessed in this life.  I was raised in a small mountain town in northern New Mexico.  I attended Colorado Christian University (Lakewood, CO) and John Brown University (Siloam Springs, AR).  After graduating, I landed back in New Mexico, this time a little farther south where the Texas border is just about twenty minutes away and everyone uses the term “y’all.”  I began working in the world of foster care with special emphasis on children with severe emotional and behavioral disturbance.  Within my first year working, I met and fell in love with this sweet fella, Adam, who I now call my husband.  We just celebrated our sixth year of covenant marriage.  (Similarly to creating this blog, our engagement was nothing short of trying.  I’ve often joked that it was the Lord’s way of testing me to make sure I was in this for the long haul.)  Together, we are parents to three children.  Parker, our first baby, would have turned two this past August; he died in utero just hours before I went into labor.  Sawyer is our second child and is 14 months old.  And Addison, our third baby and first girl, is due this coming February.  After seven and a half years of working with foster children, we made the decision for me to stay-at-home with this growing family of ours. 


So that pretty much sums it up.  We are a work in progress, striving to live according to God’s Word and in the fullness of His grace.  

2 comments :