Sunday, December 14, 2014

Bubble Pizza

Super quick and surprisingly awesome flavor – I tried a new recipe for lunch today after church.  The nice thing about this is that it would be easy to customize to your family’s taste – if you like other toppings, more sauce or less sauce, different cheeses, it’s up to you!

I was a little skeptical…I mean, how good could pizza with a biscuit crust really be?  After I threw it together, and a few bites into it, I was pleasantly surprised; I thought it turned out great (Adam even went back for another plate-full before we finished).  I definitely prefer the taste of Bubble Pizza to store-bought frozen pizzas.  And, it’s going to be probably be a staple on our meal plans moving forward, especially weeknights when it seems like dinner time arrives sooner than I expect.

Ingredients:
1 (16.3oz) Can of Biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers)
8oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
15oz Jar Pizza Sauce (I actually used a 16.5oz jar of Messetta “Authentic Pizza Sauce”)
Pepperoni (I did a solid layer of sliced pepperoni but you could use diced)
1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated (optional)
Dash of Dried Oregano to taste (optional)


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  2. Smoosh biscuits a little flat between palms of hands.  Cut each biscuit into quarters.  Place the biscuit pieces in a greased 9X13 glass baking dish.  Try to flatten the biscuits so that there’s not a ton of space in between them.
  3. Top with sauce and pepperoni.
  4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.  Bake an additional 5 minutes. 
  5. Sprinkle with oregano and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment