Monday, July 18, 2016

Current Situation

I’ll be brief because I’ve been sick.  

Like, lay-on-the-bathroom-floor-and-whimper kind of sick.  So Adam called a close friend to keep up with the almost-three year old and I kept Miss A at home with me. 

I stayed on the floor. 

Addison watched cartoons uninhibited {read: forget monitoring screen time when you’re on Death’s front porch ringing the doorbell}.

Later, I ate part of a tortilla.

I ended up back on the floor.

Addison watched more cartoons.
 
Then, by some miracle, there was a change in status -- I got up.  I wiped my hair out of my face and brushed my teeth.  I got Addison to sleep for a nap and managed to keep some liquid down.  When nap was over, I was feeling almost-human again.  I went to get the toddler. 

And now THIS.

  

This is the current situation.  We’ve been home all of 45 minutes and somehow, T-Rex has taken Doc McStuffins hostage.  The tractor and fire truck have responded promptly.  But Rex is threatening to off Doc, throwing her over the edge of the bed, resulting in almost certain death.  They’ve called in Jesus who is standing by in the background, ready if He’s called upon.   

While I thought no one could exaggerate a situation quite like my toddler does when he finds out his graham cracker is broken…I was wrong.  Clearly wrong.  Addison is ***FLIPPING*** out that Doc is in Rex’s jaws.  And, well, I am a poor referee because it was all I could do to get a picture of the scene. 

Anyway, we are now working through the carnage.  All is back to normal…Addison is missing a shoe and Sawyer is begging for a snack.  The tragedy was easily replaced by these other more critical events that require immediate attention!  I have to go now, but you understand, don't you?!?!


From the Fullness of His Grace,

Lacey

1 comment :

  1. Lacey, I love reading your blog. I'm so glad you are writing it because otherwise I would really miss your knack for perfectly and humorously describing life as a mother. I love that you found humor in this dinosaur emergency despite being so sick! That's just one reason why you are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete