Friday, July 15, 2016

About Me

Because my sister likes what I wrote and because it took an obscene amount of time to find out how to actually edit the real About Me section...I decided it not only earned a prominent spot along the side of my blog home page, but that it also deserved it's very own special post. It's post No. 17 and, yes, I realize it's a couple of years in, but ya' know? Better late than never, right?!?


Hi.  I’m Lacey.  That’s Lacey with a fanciful “e.” 

I live in New Mexico with my family.

New Mexico?:  (YES-we are in the United States, and therefore, no, you will not need a passport to get here.  Sometimes, I’ll admit, it does seem like a whole ‘nother world down here.  I live a whole eight miles from Texas.  When you live here, the tumbleweeds are bigger than your home; there are dairies and farms on every county road corner, and Ford pick-ups as far as the eye can see.  I joke that we have two seasons here: wind and dirt.) 

Family: I was blessed with the kindest, bravest, and funniest of husbands, Adam.  Together we have three children: one in Heaven and two on Earth.  I work part time in the world of foster care and full time as mommy. 

So what else is there to know?:  I love to make up songs with my kids –  we frequently have super fun, super dorky dance parties to said songs while I’m cooking dinner.  About dinner, I’ve got some killer recipes and some that might just actually kill (I’ll do my best to refrain from posting those here, though).  I have a certain set of extraordinary skills and when I say set I mean, one.  One skill.  I can sort an entire basket of dirty clothes with just my toes.  And when I say extraordinary I mean, surprisingly, people don’t really want to see that as much as you might think.  Besides my toes, I have no real natural talent.  In fact, I’m rather average.  I re-tumble loads of laundry because I don’t put it away…sometimes for days.  I check out library books I never actually read.  I lose my debit card on an almost weekly basis. I’m absolutely average…I hate spiders, love Dr. Pepper, and nag at my kids…but thank goodness that when these average days start to pile up higher than the laundry basket, I can let it all out if I just sit and write.


Writing: Words make up the substance of our prayers -- they are the expression of a soul’s thanksgiving and praise.  Words build up and give us deep peace.  Words do the diligent work of opening a heart.  Words, sincere and true, give us a soft place to land when we just need a little extra grace to get through the day.  It’s the strong and bold words that sustain us when we’d rather give up, and the courageous words when weakness is gaining ground.  My words are simple…ordinary and plain.  But real words, the ones that matter most, were left already written for us in His Word.  The Bible is full of words that transform, reprove, and edify…that reveal the heart of God for a broken and fallen people…for you and for me…and our desperate need for a Savior, Jesus Christ.  My hope here is that I can share Him with you.  May you be encouraged, wherever you are today.  

From the Fullness of His Grace,
Lacey  

No comments :

Post a Comment