Thursday, September 28, 2017

Bitter Things

Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not worth much more than they?  And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?  … So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.       (Matthew 6:26-27, 34)



One of the many blessings of being planted in a local church is the legacy and richness of fellow believers.  On Sunday, a dear friend shared this with me.  Unbeknownst to her, this week my home has been filled with some significant and hard trials.  I’m just so grateful she shared...and I thought, maybe you, too might be in need of this sweet reminder.

I thank God for bitter things;

They’ve been a ‘friend to grace;’
They’ve driven me from paths of ease
To storm the secret place. 
I thank Him for the friends who failed

To fill my heart’s deep need;
They’ve driven me to the Savior’s feet,
Upon His love to feed. 
I’m grateful too, through all life’s way

No one could satisfy,
And so I’ve found in God alone
My rich, my full supply!

By Florence White Willett




From the Fullness of His Grace,

Lacey

No comments :

Post a Comment