Saturday, March 4, 2017

A Day In Photos (Yesterday: 7am to 7pm)

Having a house full of cold-ridden, sniffling, sneezing kids isn’t so bad once you totally give up, let them control their wardrobe (or lack thereof), and play whatever cartoon you can stomach on repeat.  (For us, that is NOT Caillou.  Sawyer may or may not, (but probably does), believe Caillou is not on because “Caillou lives on the east coast and is napping/busy eating/or already in bed,” because, obviously, east coast kids are in bed before we are...duh.)

So, a day mostly indoors means a day in photos. 

7:00am ... this kid found some head phones and
despite some sniffles, still gave me a little smirk.

The eight o'clock hour was dominated by household chores, but as usual, I had "help"  -  I use that term loosely.

Making beds with this cheese ball.

I eventually got it done but not before I had a little more "help" ...



The next hour, it was all I could do to get Sawyer's breathing treatment done.  I was repeatedly delayed by the 2-y/o wanting to dance in the kitchen, the 3-y/o complaining he was "running out of energy" (by that, he means, it's time for a snack, lady), and the buzzer on the dryer sounding for the third time.

The Coup - alternately
titled, Barking Seal.

The 10 o'clock hour had us running errands to the grocery store, bank, and hobby lobby ... so I took a picture of a random blossoming tree nearby.

Random blossoming tree - Welcome Spring!

We were home within the next hour, which meant lunch prep, begging the children to wash hands, and joyfully anticipating the next hour when they would go down for nap.  All of this activity but all I managed to capture in the 11 o'clock hour was the wee little one dancing in my shoes.








And finally! 12:30-ish.  NAPTIME!

Sawyer's little toes peeking out.
And my view while I'm getting him down for nap...

Humidifier on high...Croup is rough.  But the painting...Oh that
painting.  It's a favorite and custom-made for our sweet guy!

After everyone is snuggled in, I take a quick reprieve.  It's the middle of the day when I tend to lose sight.  By this time, I'm so worn from breaking up sibling wars, wiping up messes, and making sure the toddler's food isn't broken, that I need some wisdom and insight.  My heart knows just what it needs. The 1 o'clock hour.


The 3-y/o has been up since about 1pm (he was coughing something fierce).  Despite his early wake-up time, I was able to bribe him to stay on the couch with his pillow and blanket.  


By 2:30pm, the whole team is wide awake. . .and everyone needs a snack.  I figure it's a parenting win that I didn't give into their pleas for fruit snacks before 10am and so mid-afternoon, I reach for fuss-free goldfish.  I *wrongly* assumed these would be mess free.  (You might assume fruit snacks would be too, but you'd be wrong.  My 2-y/o pops one in her mouth long enough for it to get goopy, pulls it out, inspects it, and then returns it to her now-drooling mouth.)  Regarding goldfish: they're bite-sized crackers for goodness sake.  What's there to be a mess from?  Well, clearly, the mess is from my 3-y/o, who wants to bite the fish bodies in half, causing goldfish remains to scatter E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.  So, yeah.  That's super fun.  (If you are wondering what promptly followed snack time, it would be vacuuming time...)



Three and four o'clock hours are consumed with homeschool preschool.  Y'all.  I am not a teacher.  Like no way, no how.  If you follow me on facebook, you may have seen my recent "letter A" videos.

*Sigh*  

But Sawyer wants to learn.  He's eager!  Like, eager as in, he begs to do numbers, shapes, and letters.  When we sing the ABC song, he's got it...but ask the kid cold-turkey what letter the alphabet starts with and more than likely his answer is "W!" And not once have we even pretended to sing WBCDEFG...  It's sort of like the time he lost the number 4 when counting...for six solid months it was 1, 2, 3, 5.  Anyway, we're talking about letters today.

Silly putty "A" ... we've been on the
letter "A" for weeks now... AGAIN,
I'm not a teacher...


And then this...

Scissor practice.

And finally, this...



5 o'clock arrives.  Who has two thumbs and dishes to do?!?  This girl!  




6:00pm: After dishes, it's dinner prep time, and any mom knows, dinner prep time is always the time they push it just a tad too far.  This particular night, the 3-y/o explained in painstaking detail how his stomach can't handle dinner and there's "only room for 'nacks in there" ... {blinks} ... 'nacks as in the aforementioned, slaughtered goldfish.  

No kid.  You're not just eating goldfish for dinner.  Nice try though!  



Coming full circle, we survived dinner time but as we approach the rest of the long weary night with two sickly babies, the 3-y/o playing jump rope with my last nerve, I take a quick glance at our fridge.  A place filled with scriptures, artwork, and this little gem...  Well, it's filled with all those things - and also cheese.  My fridge has this list and cheese...which on last nerve nights, it's a toss up on which one saves me.



From the Fullness of His Grace,

Lacey (and cheese)

No comments :

Post a Comment